09 May 2007

Random Weekend Tightening

I attended a party thrown by one of my buddies this weekend at which their were copious amounts of both free booze and attractive women willing to dance with me. No, this tighten up does not go out to the cute girls that shouldn't be dancing with me, it's a reflective tighten I am placing on myself. On Monday morning, I ran into one of my other pals, Mary. She asked if I enjoyed myself at the party, to which I replied, "Yea, it was ok." She commented that I had appeared to be having a VERY good time. Astounded I said, "Mary, you were there!? Why didn't you come say hi?" She stared at me blankly for a few seconds and than said, "Pete, we danced together for like ten minutes... you gotta lay off the sauce." True story.

Now a lesser man might make excuses like I had been boozing since about 3:00 in the afternoon due to the derby, or I was wearing searsucker pants, a madras shirt, and a sweater vest and was just looking to stay in drunk wasp character, but I will do no such thing. I've got to tighten either my alcohol consumption or my tolerance up.

2 comments:

The Becca said...

Plus tighten up for weird pronunciation of "madras". "Mahdross". Who are you? A blueblood? I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were pronouncing it all WASPy like in the spirit of the derby.

smooches Petey.

Matt said...

hmm... i didn't realize you were that drunk, you seemed coherent. interesting.