20 February 2007

Glove wearers of D.C.

On my way to work this morning, I found atop the ice and snow not one, but two gloves, each of a different variety (hard as it is to tell given the poor image quality of my camera phone). I was beside myself; we are experiencing what must now qualify as an epidemic of errant gloves, hats, even scarves and jackets strewn about the streets of our nation's capital. How does this happen? It's 15 degrees outside most days - if a glove fell off one of my hands, I think I'd notice, on account of the frostbite.

What is most confounding about this scene is that once somebody lost a glove, some other person walked past the glove, surely noticed it, and then lost their glove. How is that even possible?

While these questions appear unanswerable, one thing is for certain: D.C. glove wearers, you need to tighten your shit up. Way up.

3 comments:

Pepper said...

That's incredible, because walking through Central Park the other day, I saw two pairs of pants adjacent to one another atop a mound of snow...

The Becca said...

Pepper, stop blaming your chronic loss of pants on other people.

Anonymous said...

Oh wait~ I think that is my glove...