29 May 2008

Oh no yummo!


I admittedly hate Rachael Ray - her bastardization of the English language in her cookbooks fills me with rage -her voice makes me contemplate taking a George Forman grill to my forehead - I won't even get into the Wheat Thins commercials. For this reason I take a little bit of joy in this story ... but do realize that it is the most untight, ridiculous thing ever.
Check the comment from Dunkin' ... the ad was pulled because of ""the possibility of misperception detracted from its original
intention to promote our iced coffee." (hat tip: SM)


From the AP:

Dunkin' Donuts pulls Rachael Ray ad after complaints
BOSTON (AP) - Dunkin' Donuts has pulled an online advertisement
featuring Rachael Ray after complaints that a fringed
black-and-white scarf that the celebrity chef wore in the ad offers
symbolic support for Muslim extremism and terrorism.
The coffee and baked goods chain said the ad that began
appearing online May 7 was pulled over the past weekend because
"the possibility of misperception detracted from its original
intention to promote our iced coffee."
In the spot, Ray holds an iced coffee while standing in front of
trees with pink blossoms.

4 comments:

Sheriff Patsy said...

Coming Soon: "Cooking in Captivity: 500 Quick-n-Easy meals developed at Guantanamo Bay" by Rachael Ray.

The Becca said...

I always knew she was a terrorist.

Will said...

I'm so glad Dunkin Donuts is freaking out about traditional Arab garb. This gives me a chance to help them re-brand with new company names and slogans:
"Xenophobic Donuts"
"Hey, We're Racist Donuts"
"Dunkin Tolerance (into stuff that makes it disappear)"
"Take your scarf to Starbucks, you damn hippie!"
"Palestinians suck, have a donut!"

Pepper said...

Of course, Dunkin' Donuts, didn't you catch the code? Her real name is Raech al Ray, and she terrorizes my livingroom with her mediocrity!