19 March 2008

CONGRESS ISN'T EVEN HERE!


Ok war protesters, I know this is an important day for you, it's been a long 5 years. While I can kind of understand your plight ... for the love of Christ WHY ARE YOU HERE THIS WEEK?
Let's do a little bit of homework - Congress is on recess.
Guess what? The guy in the big white house ... doesn't care what you have to say, he doesn't appreciate the time you put into your paper mache replica of him or the clever way you used his name on your sign.
I quote his deputy from ABC today:

Raddatz: "Two-third of Americans say it's not worth fighting."

Cheney, smiling: "So?"

Raddatz: "So? You don't care what the American people think?"

Cheney: "No. I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public-opinion polls. … There has, in fact, been fundamental change and transformation and improvement for the better. … That's a huge accomplishment."

Congress sorta cares sometimes ... but they are AT HOME. Where you, Johnny and Jane protester, live. So go. Visit them. Write a letter. Start a netroots campaign.
D.C. can't even VOTE ... our police force can barely handle Friday night in Adams Morgan let alone, your crazy ass trying to scale the iron fence at the White House for the 18th time.
So basically the only impact you have today is slowing my commute and causing my building to lock it's doors.
Tighten Up. Get a hobby that doesn't involve protesting.

5 comments:

The Becca said...

Machete? really? Is that how you spell that?

Brenda Starr said...

I stand corrected. My spelling is untight... but so are protesters.

Orville said...

Commies go home!

Pete said...

Sometimes I wish the Army would invent a bomb that would just wipe out hippies and leave everything and everyone else intact. Like Goldeneye for white people with dreadlocks and open toed sandals with organic hemp socks.

Teddy Ruxtable said...

I brought Smalls to work so I am safe from protestors. The only thing he hates more than hippies are hippies in groups. Smalls will teach them what tightening up really means.