15 October 2007

Further Evidence of Necessary Corporate Tightening...

Now, I didn't want to have to be the one to follow Jordan's life-altering post on Blockbuster, but I felt my experience this evening upon returning from work warranted a Tightening. I had just ordered some of the dynamite General Tso's Chicken from neighborhood fav Sammy's Noodle House, which I am now consuming, plopped down on the couch with my remote in hand, and cranked up the old idiot box. I started scanning and ended up on the NLCS game, which I am now watching. As I continued to scan through tonight''s offerings, I started to realize that something was not quite right in TV land. Channels whose programming I generally prefer were not where they were supposed to be. I continued scanning getting more and more worried. I was cresting the low 30's, working back from the mid-50's, when panic struck! Nervously fumbling with the remote, I hurriedly jumped to 18, my beloved Discovery Channel, only to find Bravo staring back at me!! I panicked. I continue to scan. The History Channel, SciFi, USA, nothing is where it's supposed to be!?!? In a virtual hyperventilation, I logged on to Time Warner Cable's website to read the following:

Dear Customers:
From time to time, it is necessary for us to shift channel positions in order to accommodate programming agreements. We understand how inconvenient it is when your favorite channel is no longer in its usual spot. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I'm sure many of you can guess what caused the change. Of all things, it had to be this morning's premier of Fox Business News. The Discovery Channel is now relegated to the MID-60's because of Rupert Fucking Murdoch's need to get his fiscal rocks off!?! My God I want to punch something.

2 comments:

Pepper said...

Somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if the source of your and Jordan's strife is co-located. It's time for a task-force.

Matthew said...

rupert murdoch most likely can't get his rocks off anymore. just an observation