20 February 2008

Knight Rider v2.0: A Giant Ford Masterbation

I recently watched Knight Rider on NBC and was amazed by the blatant and quite frankly ludicrous remake of a show I remember fondly from my childhood, Knight Rider.  For those who have been living under a large boulder since the heady days of the 1980's, Knight Rider is a great show about a artificially intelligent car and the T-Rex of a man behind the wheel.
Well, in NBC's 2008 remake of the show, I assume financed by Ford Motor Company, the amount of consumerism reaches a level I have never even imagined possible.  Literally, every single car in the show was a Ford brand.  Every single car.  That takes a significant amount  of planning.  Every shot was a sexy angle of the car.  The story was essentially focused on incorporating as many shots of the cars as possible.  The ads even incorporated a side story between the new K.I.T.T., voiced by Val Kilmer (I know!), and main character, Mike, supposedly the Hoff's son.  

For the love of God, can we not think of any new shows?
Why must we destroy the classics?
Please tighten up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to split hairs (no reference to hairy palms here), but isn't it "mastUrbation"? I'm just sayin...

The Becca said...

Pete can't spell. We used to make fun of him. Now we just accept it. There should be a footnote in the tighten up tag line about this. Pepper, can you make this happen?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but isn't there some book or bathroom wall all boys read in 7th grade (or earlier, if you're from Jersey) that not only describes proper form of such act but also documents the correct way to spell it? I mean, I learned "Mens-TRU-ation" from "Are You There God, It's Me Margaret." Boys, tighten up!

Pepper said...

We've glossed over two very important points: Val Kilmer is the voice of KITT--deserving of its own TU, and Pete made excellent use of the 'center text' function at the end of this post. I like the dramatic effect.

mandy said...

Spelling aside, this wins for my favorite post title of 2008 so far.

Pete said...

I spelled "ludicrous" right. Doesn't that count for anything???

I hate you guys.